[izpack-devel] Specifying OS dependencies

Andy Gombos agombos at alltel.net
Wed Aug 9 16:02:57 CEST 2006

Hello all,

I've finally had some time in the last few months to work on the front end.
While looking over some modifications brought up the last time I requested
comments, I've noticed that the OS can be specified in different places.
For example, it is an attribute in the <pack> declaration, as well as a
separate <os> element.  Which is the correct version to use? I would assume
the <os> tag, because the attribute style makes it hard to specify more than
one OS.

I've started working on adding the rest of the needed validation into the
editors - not allowing empty packs to be added, etc.  I'm doing all of this
on pain medication (wisdom teeth.) so hopefully the code makes sense
whenever I get a chance to look at it again.

I need to go back and study all the new features added to IzPack since I
created the editors and panels and such, but first I want to get the basic
functionality defined in the documentation done first.  My goal is to be
able to edit the non-registry version of the IzPack installer successfully
before I go adding any new features.

I think I've rambled enough, so any thoughts on the OS thing (and, anything
else you think of ;) ) is welcome.

Andy