[izpack-devel] Eclispe configuration problem?

Miraodb miraodb at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 11 14:57:36 CEST 2006

Hi Micheal,

Debugging the uninstall is something that you can do with eclipse.
 Install your installation to
%INSTALL_PATH%
Run > Debug...
Java Application
New
give a name e.g. "UninstallMyInstall"
select in "Main" the project "IzPack"
select as "main class" "Uninstaller" (from package
com.izforge.izpack.installer)
as "VM arguments" use
-DTRACE=true
select the tab "Classpath"
select "User classes" (2.x) or "User Entries" (3.x)
select "Add External JARs..."
select %INSTALL_PATH%\Uninstaller\uninstall.jar
uninstall.jar must be under the project entry

Now, you can debug your uninstallation. Don't worry if you get first a
NullPointerException in SelfModifier. This should be; it is a hint, that the
class files of your eclipse session are used.
If debugging not working, look whether:

  a.. there is a fresh installation
  b.. the uninstall.jar is in the "Classpath" tab under the project entry

All this was described in the docu by the way :-)

Cheers,
Fabrice