[izpack-devel] IzPack

Miraodb miraodb at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 18 12:10:17 CEST 2006

Hi,

First of all.. piece of advice. When sending a message, send it to the list
and you'll have more ideas :-)
Anyway i'll try to help here.

There's so many ways to handle this. I'll try to cover a few.

First of all, if you're bat run a class... why not running the class by
itself in a custompanel. In my opinion that's the best way to handle your
problem because then you'll be able to try and catch anything you want.
You'll be able to greyed the back button during process, highlight it if it
fails.. whatever you wish for ! only you need to know java.... :-)

Now if you don't want to go through that, using processpanel like this won't
do everything for you but might be ok for your need. Let me explain.
Basically, no matter what happens during the execution of the processpanel
you always have the opportunity to go back to the previous panel. So let's
say your batch fails, it doesn't matter much, you can go back. However, you
can't catch how it failed. Meaning that it's almost impossible to send
specific information to the previous panel based on the result of the batch
file.

You might do better with ant tasks, but i'm not a pro for that...

My opinion, if java isn't a problem for you, look at the docu for
custompanels and do your own.

Cheers,
Fabrice