[izpack-devel] Starting a discussion about logging

Elmar Grom elmar at grom.net
Mon Aug 28 18:17:38 CEST 2006

Hi folks,

generally it is not a bad idea to use 3rd party libraries, particularly if
the issue to be solved would require a large amount of work. However, in my
experience one should exercises some caution and aim to strike a balance. If
there are too many dependencies on other libraries, that can become a
problem in itself.

I am not quite sure what we want to log, but I cannot imagine that a logging
facility is a big project. At least not if it doesn't have to be general
purpose. Not seeing the big gain, my vote goes toward implementing our own
solution.

	Elmar