[izpack-devel] SimpleFinnishPanel to write auto-installconfiguration

Vladimir Ralev vralev at redhat.com
Tue Dec 5 18:33:19 CET 2006

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I am just proposing to make the
SimpleFinnishPanel to write the auto-install config xml file (the one
generated with the button on the FinnishPanel) in the $InstallPath
folder. I named the file InstallConfigRecord.xml and when users
experience problems with your application you can ask them "Send me the
InstallConfigRecord.xml to see what have you installed". Once you the
the InstallConfigRecord.xml you can run the installer directly using the
same config your user has entered (packs selection, userInputPanels
data, etc).

BTW, I have already implemented it, tested a few times, seems to work
nice and seamlessly. The patch is attached. Let me know what you think.

--
Vladimir Ralev, JBoss/RedHat