[izpack-devel] Access on keys and values directly under a registry root

Klaus Bartz bartzkau at gmx.net
Wed Dec 13 20:31:31 CET 2006

Hi all,
Markus has send some patches short time ago. I have tested the
registry extension which set keys directly unter a root registry key
like HKCU.
I have add getter and "deleter" and the same for values. The native part
has changed a little bit, new dlls and the rest are checked in.
Docu is adapted.
I do not recommend to set (create) keys or values directly under a
registry root. But if some one loves it... More comments see docu.
On real rootes like HKLM  it fails with an other exception as assumed.
Now the error messages directly from windows are presented, not an
intersected.
What really needed is the getter for this case.
I have tested and seen no bugs.
Anyway I hope there is no bug. If so, please send a message.

Cheers

Klaus