[izpack-devel] Problems with VM 1.5

Elmar Grom elmar at grom.net
Fri Jul 14 01:41:21 CEST 2006

Folks,

I had a closer look at a log file that was produced during installation,
when a EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION occurred.

I am not sure that I interpret the information correctly but it appears
that:

1) the error bubbles up from kernel32.dll. This would mean it is not
generated by the VM but by the OS
2) ShellLink.dll is not loaded when this happens
3) there are no instances of FreeThread left that might be stuck

In other words I see no evidence in the log that points to the deletion of
the DLL being the culprit. In fact I see no evidence that the JVM is the
culprit either thought the case for this is rather weak. Not sure where this
leaves us but since nothing actually seems to go wrong during the
installation I don't see any reason for attempting to take drastic measures.

	Elmar