[izpack-devel] Running IzPack with VM 1.5 without SigSegV

Bartz, Klaus Klaus.Bartz at coi.de
Mon Jun 19 16:19:39 CEST 2006

Hi Hal,
yes, shortcuts on Windows are using native code (and the
registry stuff).
May be your Windows 2k reboots are related to this, but if so
it will be more a bug in windows else in IzPack or the VM.
The VM runs in user mode and no process in user mode should
be able to alter system in a manner that it has to reboot.
Time of DOS should be away :-) (where you can alter reference
definition of boot device with a short c program).
Will be nice if you can test my changes. I hope, I can check in
it tomorrow.

Cheers

Klaus