[izpack-devel] Problems with VM 1.5

Elmar Grom elmar at grom.net
Fri Jun 23 00:00:41 CEST 2006

Klaus,

there is nothing attached, I suppose the mailing list strips off
attachments.

The fact that it does not just crash always or never, but just sometimes it
really strange. I wonder if it might have something to do with the dead
threads hogging some resources that are exhausted after so many tries.
Perhaps a more realistic test would be to implement the test loop in a batch
file, so that the VM actually exits before you start the next test.

If all else fails we still have the option of not deleting the DLL. That's a
bit dirty and I don't really like it, which is why I spent so much time back
then to come up with a solution for this problem. Still, it is much better
than crashing and it would not be any worse than many other applications
that clog up the temp directory with their garbage (though I did not want to
be part of that crowd).

Julien, what do you think about this approach?

	Elmar