[izpack-devel] OT: Java Imports in IzPack

Hal Vaughan hal at thresholddigital.com
Sat Mar 11 08:10:09 CET 2006

This is basically a curiosity thing, but I've noticed that in pretty
much every class I've looked at in IzPack, the imports are very
specific, like:

import javax.swing.JButton;

instead of something like:

import javax.swing.*;

which is what I've seen in most examples in tutorials and howto
articles, including many demos and examples on Sun's own Java sites.

Is there a reason for such specific imports in IzPack?  I ran a few
tests on a class or two of my own, and there doesn't seem to be any
difference in class size.  The compile time difference, at least on my
tests, was within a normal variance, allowing for different test runs
and different results within each run.

It's not a critical question, but I was just wondering what the
reasoning was for this or if it's just one coder's habit that has
caught on.

Hal