[izpack-devel] OT: Java Imports in IzPack

Aaron Mulder ammulder at alumni.princeton.edu
Mon Mar 13 02:36:06 CET 2006

I think it was more important before the age of IDEs where you could
(something)-click on a class name and have it take you to the class,
or pop up JavaDoc, or whatever.  Back in the dark ages, if you saw a
class called Foo used in the code, and all the imports were *, it was
darned irritating to try to figure out what Foo actually was and where
it came from and how to find some documentation on it.

Now that the IDEs have caught up, I think this "best practice" is
mostly unnecessary, but it's still kind of a convention so what can
you do?  As Julien mentioned, write them however you want and let your
IDE clean up after you.  :)

Thanks,
    Aaron