[izpack-devel] Shortcuts On Windows -- Allowed Only for "Current User"?

Marc Eppelmann marc.eppelmann at gmx.de
Tue May 16 10:07:12 CEST 2006

Hi Hal,

This is possible a bug - But it can be also a restriction on/of your system.

The test if this radio-button can be enabled
1. gets the "link-folder" of the OS - on windows this is native code /maybe
buggy/-
2. Tests if the current user alias "installateur" have write permission in
this folder.

To find out whats the reason is on your system,
1.you should check the second condition.
2.run the setup with the JVM Param for DEBUG/LOG
java -DLOG -jar setup.jar
Send me the console output.

Cheers Marc