[izpack-devel] Proposal for Messenger class

Bartz, Klaus Klaus.Bartz at coi.de
Tue Nov 21 09:10:44 CET 2006

Hi Elmar,

In principle it is possible to change file permissions from Java
side using JNI or an exec. For Unix there is an example with it
for InstallerListener.
I do it in my private env also for Windows. May be it will be
possible to move it to standard IzPack, but it is not a work
which needs five minutes. Therefore no help in the moment for
your problems. Additional you cannot change the lock state of
an file. But for this it will be possible to declare a RunOnce
key in the registry which starts a batch which performs the
needed changes at booting or so.

Beside this it will be good in general to have a system to present
problems language dependant. If I have time I can do some work
for it

Cheers

Klaus