[izpack-devel] bad file names

Elmar Grom elmar at grom.net
Fri Oct 27 18:07:43 CEST 2006

This is indeed an ugly thing.

You mention specifically the shortcut as a problem. Is this only an example
or is it the only place where this behavior actually leads to a problem? If
it is the only place, then we might be able to come up with a local
solution. If it is not, then I suspect a modification of File itself might
not be sufficient, because this problem could also happen with the content
of the shortcut, not just with the shortcut file...

Perhaps some more analysis is required to find all possible ways in which
this problem could affect the performance of IzPack.

	Elmar