[izpack-devel] Native Libraries for Win 64-bit ?

Markus Schlegel schlm3 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 13:49:14 CEST 2007

Hi Julien, Klaus, Developers

Rigth now, I am working on the 64-bit release of our Java Application.
Most of the things are working well, except all dll's that are used must be
compiled for 64-bit windows.

Since IzPack (and my installer) uses COIOShelper.dll and ShellLink.dll
, I have to provide a 64-bit compilation of those two dll's for my
64-bit installer.
Could you please give me advice on what tools I have to install in order
that I could compile the libraries for 64-bit OS?
Or is it even possible, that you can compile it for 64-bit too (I do not
know if this is possible from a 32-bit windows)?

Notice, that I don't have much experiance in compiling native applications
on the commandline and I don't have and MS Visual Studio installed....

Thanks for your help

Markus