[izpack-devel] Tr : Localizing shortcuts

Loic lbndev at yahoo.fr
Tue Apr 24 11:14:11 CEST 2007

Hello,

I'll answer my own question posted yesterday to the izPack-users lists, which is reproduced below.
As a matter of fact, I found out that the answer is "no, shortcuts aren't localizable". Which is a shame.

Since I badly need that, I went through the code from SVN and set up a patch, which you will find attached.

What it does is :
Search for a os-specific, language specific spec file (like Unix_shortcutSpec.xml_eng)If not found, search for a language specific (but OS-independent) spec (like shortcutSpec.xml_eng)If still not found, revert to the processing before the patch (OS-specific, and if not found, generic spec file)
Please review it and merge it into SVN if you like it.
I'd love to have a patched standalone-compiler.jar in izPack's next release.

Thank you,

Loïc