[izpack-devel] Vista

Bartz, Klaus Klaus.Bartz at coi.de
Wed Jan 31 15:41:45 CET 2007

Hi,
if I remember right, Markus has used a Launcher which contains
"setup" or "installer" in the name of the executable. A pure
java call like
java -jar install.jar
will not work...
Then the luncher is any longer facultative.
May be there is an API to trigger the popup of the elevation box,
but if used JNI will be non-facultative. Both makes me not happy.

This is a change in the behavior. For my sense it is a little bit
obscure to make a dependancy between execution level and name
of the executable. But - as much other things - this is a feature,
not a bug.

Cheers

Klaus