[izpack-devel] Running the Installer twice without exit/launch ?

Markus Schlegel schlm3 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 08:24:06 CEST 2007

Thanks for your insight, Klaus

The "problem" is not the common things of the installer the three products
share, it's the program code itself.
All three programs will be installed with their own private JRE and all
three programs do share that same libraries. Some of them share the same
help (Server & Admin). If I make 3 Installers, they have sizes of 70MB, 50MB
and 45MB, means 165MB for Download. If I put them all together, I have only
on 70MB File...

All three Products will be installed in a seperate Folder, means no Product
will overwrite each others Uninstaller.

Also I agree, that the solution of installing a second product with the same
installer instance is kind of a hack for  IzPack 3.10. If I could inject the
language of the installer with a commandline flag, I could simply start a
new Instance of the Installer when the User presses "Install more Products"
at the end of the installation and the currently running installer could
exit normally. I proposed such a change some months ago, but it has been
declined. Any chance to integrate some language-flag now?

Anyway, this would be a good feature too for "Autorun"-Programs on CD's
(like we have), where the user already chooses his language of choice. It's
still annoying, when he has to choose the language again in the Installer,
then has to choose it again when he reruns the installer....

Regards
Markus