[izpack-devel] Docutils

Julien Ponge julien.ponge at gmail.com
Thu May 3 20:47:05 CEST 2007

I am relaunching the discussion about that :-)

I am in favour of moving the documentation to DocUtils
http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/
starting from IzPack 3.11.0

I believe that the reST format that they propose is great because:
* it is a plain text that is easy to read by itself, and most
importantly, it is very intuitive
* it is easy to export to HTML, PDF, ...
* it should lower the barrier for people to send improvements
* we can keep it versionned under SVN, so it is better in this regard
than a wiki.

I have also heard the idea of having the possibility to comment once
put online. We can think about it latter, but the idea is definitely a
good one.

I would like to get your point of view about this, so that we can take
a decision. BTW I am volunteering to make the conversion to reST ;-)

Cheers