[izpack-devel] Java IDE with debugger

Dick Hollenbeck dickelbeck at yahoo.com
Fri May 25 16:50:46 CEST 2007

> *Vladimir wrote:*

>Can you restart your gnome session and let me know if the shortcuts show up?

Below is my  unix.shortcut.spec.xml file.

Restarting the gnome session does the following properly in Feisty Fawn:

1) Deskop Icon appears OK.

2) Three short cuts appear properly

The *PROBLEM* after a gnome restart is:

A) The submenu SoftPLC is not being created.

The same is true on Efty Edge, but in that case the gnome restart seems not to be so important.

On Dapper Drake I have been told that it all works.

B) Installing as root brings no advantage, in fact it is worse since the desktop file gets put into /root/Desktop since the "add to all users" radio button is never enabled.

A) is my immediate problem.

<shortcuts>

    <programGroup defaultName="SoftPLC/TOPDOC_NexGen" location="applications"/>

    <shortcut name="TOPDOC NexGen" target="$INSTALL_PATH/bin/topdoc"
    iconFile="$INSTALL_PATH/bin/topdoc1.png" desktop="yes" applications="yes" startMenu="yes" programGroup="yes" type="Application" encoding="UTF-8" commandLine=" +javahome $JAVA_HOME" />

    <shortcut name="Show TOPDOC Help" target="$INSTALL_PATH/bin/showhelp"
    iconFile="$INSTALL_PATH/bin/topdoc1.png"               applications="yes" startMenu="yes" programGroup="yes" type="Application" encoding="UTF-8" commandLine=" +javahome $JAVA_HOME" />

    <shortcut name="PLC Configurator" target="$INSTALL_PATH/bin/plcConfig"
        iconFile="$INSTALL_PATH/bin/topdoc1.png"           applications="yes" startMenu="yes" programGroup="yes" type="Application" encoding="UTF-8" commandLine=" +javahome $JAVA_HOME" />

    <shortcut name="Uninstall TOPDOC"
     programGroup="yes"
     desktop="no"
     applications="no"
     startMenu="no"
     startup="no"
     target="java"
     commandLine="-jar &quot;$INSTALL_PATH/Uninstaller/uninstaller.jar&quot;"
     initialState="noShow"
     type="Application"
     encoding="UTF-8"
     description="IzPack uninstaller">