[izpack-devel] TreePacksPanel

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Wed May 30 16:46:51 CEST 2007

Hi,

  Sorry for the late reply--I just got back. I see it's all checked in
now. It looks really great. One thing that occurred to me is: Wouldn't
it be more natural to nest the pack elements to model the hierarchy,
rather than use the parent tag? Perhaps you are nesting the pack
elements--your example seems to be missing one </pack> unless I'm losing
my mind. If you *are* nesting your pack elements, what's the purpose of
the parent element?

e.g.
  <pack name="Seam" id="Seam"
         installGroups="default"
         group="Core"
         required="no">
      <description></description>
      <pack name="Documentation" id="seam-docs"
             installGroups="default"
             group="Core"
             required="no" parent="Seam">
          <description></description>
      </pack>
      <pack name="Samples" id="seam-samples"
             installGroups="default"
             group="Core"
             required="no" parent="Seam">
          <description></description>
      </pack>
      <pack name="Seam generator" id="seam-gen"
             installGroups="default"
             group="Core"
             required="no" parent="Seam">
          <description></description>
      </pack>
  </pack>

Is it just so you can switch back to the flat (normal) packs panel
without changing the xml file?

Scott