[izpack-devel] How can i Implement Add/Remove Program entry in IzPack

Bartz, Klaus Klaus.Bartz at coi.de
Tue Sep 25 12:37:54 CEST 2007

Hi Jujay,
that's the right way to add basics for Windows software managment.
Additional you need the native part of the registry stuff; write in your
install.xml

    <native type="3rdparty" name="COIOSHelper.dll" stage="both">
        <os family="windows"/>
    </native>

If you need more (e.g. present your support email address or your
webpage) see
%IZHOME%\src\dist-files\RegistrySpec.xml
It is the regfile of the IzPack installation self.
In the first "section" named "UninstallStuff" there are some entries
for additional data using also special IzPack variables. Read the
comment
there.

I hope it helps

Klaus

PS: Do not wonder if your editor is a little bit confused about some
Kyrillic letters. You must not write it, in this file it is a play
to demonstrate the full UTF-8 support.