[izpack-devel] Variables defined in UserInputPanel vs silent mode

Piotr Skowronek piotr at skowro.net
Fri Jan 18 00:37:14 CET 2008

Hi All,

I've spotted one problem with Variables persistance while doing
XML for silent install. I'm not sure whether I get the idea of
Variable correctly.

I'm trying to use Variables (non-dynamic ones) within user defined
panels. They are used (along with Conditions) to provide relevant
data in subsequent panels, basing on previously entered data and/or
choosen packs.
In GUI mode, works fine, but when installation is saved to XML,
these variables are not saved there.
I thought that installer in silent mode will interpret these
variables 'lives', ie while silently processing panels but it doesn't.

So the question is, does Variables defined in UserInputPanels
should work in silent mode at all?
I can provide a small patch that saves these variables to silent
install script, but, I'm not sure whether I didn't miss something
regarding the Variables.
In the attachement you can find mentioned patch, If someone was able to
check it, that would be great. Or tell me, that I'm wrong :)

Regards
Piotr Skowronek