[izpack-devel] Dumb Variable Question (FILE_SEPARATOR)

Hal Vaughan hal at thresholddigital.com
Tue Jan 22 04:37:09 CET 2008

Sorry to bother the list but I'm short on time and want to get a hobby
project that's been on the back burner out of the way.

I know I can use the variable $FILE_SEPARATOR so I get the right
character for different platforms, but if it is followed by text, then
it's not parsed.  Here's the path in *nix:

/home/user/MyProgram/settings.cfg

In Windows it would be:

C:\Program Files\MyProgram\settings.cfg

I can use this:

$INSTALL_PATH/settings.cfg

and it works on one OS, but if I try:

$INSTALL_PATH$FILE_SEPARATORsettings.cfg

it won't parse, just as I would not expect it to.

How can I throw in the file separator character into a file like this
without having to do different versions of the file for each OS?

Thanks!

Hal