[izpack-devel] Single Installer Instance

Bartz, Klaus Klaus.Bartz at coi.de
Wed Jan 30 09:09:39 CET 2008

Hi,
first, on Windows IzPack is able to detect a allready installed product.
See CheckedHelloPanel. But you mean the detection of just running more
than one installer, I think. On a system where we can use a thing like
the registry it is simple.
On Windows you can search for a regkey which was created under HKCU in
the constructor of the calling panel, Little bit difficult to guarantee
removing, but not the biggest problem.
Other Applications as Eclipse or MSI can store a "semaphore"-file in its
own path area. IzPack has no own subtree.
May be we can use a common existent path to create a "semaphore"-file,
but this will be difficult. Until now it is not in the IzPack core.

Cheers

Klaus