[izpack-users] Reposting of question: EOFException?

Miraodb miraodb at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 5 11:48:33 CET 2006

Hi glenn,

> Hi all,
> I have recieved no replies to my original question (included below), so
> I am re-posting it.  If no one can help me with this, either by
> providing an answer or by telling me how to debug the problem in the
> IzPack code, then I will regretfully have to abandon IzPack and build my
> own installer.

I'm sorry you didn't get any replies but with the holidays it's quite normal
that it takes longer.
I was out myself  for 2 weeks, and i know klaus and julien couldn't reply
either.... sometimes we just gotta be a bit patient. :-)

> Java is able to directly copy all of the files (verified by test code in
> my application running on the target machine after the install), so the
> installation disk contents seem to be ok and the underlying Java file
> operations work correctly.  That would seem to indicate that the problem
> is in the IzPack code that copies the files.

Ok i'm not sure i understand everything. Building an application on windows
and then on linux can be tricky due to some file permissions and so on.

In your case, i would rather ask you to maybe send us your config files
(install.xml and every others that you use) so we can have a look.

Let us know.
fabrice