[izpack-users] catch error with search field in UserInputPanel

Hal Vaughan hal at thresholddigital.com
Mon Jan 30 15:40:38 CET 2006

On Monday 30 January 2006 06:35, le dinh wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I repost my question about how to catch the error exception using the
> UserInputPanel .
>
> To be clear, 2 things happened with a search field that does not match the
> checkfilename
>
> 1. if I click autodetect, I get the java exception error null pointer.

I got the same thing over and over.  My understanding is that this feature is
not working properly.  If I am wrong, I hope someone will correct me.

Out of curiosity, what are you using the file search for?

I'm asking because I'm working on a multi-panel setup that will help find an
application if it is on a computer and, if it is not on a computer, will
allow it to be installed in addition to whatever program you are installing.

> 2. Does Izpack provide me a panel that permits me on error to abort and
> exit the installation.

Do you mean on a Java exception, or just at a certain point?

I do not think there is a special panel to handle errors.

Of course you could write a custom panel, but that panel would not easily
handle errors from other panels.

Hal