[izpack-users] UserInputPanel questions + NPE on CVS

Hal Vaughan hal at thresholddigital.com
Mon Jan 30 16:17:41 CET 2006

On Monday 30 January 2006 10:00, Darren Govoni wrote:
> Hi,
>   I've found out that I can use multiple search fields in UserInputPanel
> to direct different packs to different locations
> using the variables. Couple observations.
>
> 1) It seems UserInputPanel is using the field 'id' for the display
> description. This would be a bug.
> 2) If I add a lot (like 6) of search fields, they get cut off at the
> bottom. Has someone considered:
>          a) Making the base panel a scrollpane so if many fields are
> added they would scroll?
>          or
>          b) Moving the browse button to the end of the text field where
> it is typically found rather
>          than underneath it, which takes up twice as much vertical space.

Six fields is a lot to fill in at once.  Couldn't it overwhelm the end user?
UserInput is one of the few panels that can occur multiple times.  Why not
use 2 or 3 different instances of it instead of putting them all in one
place.

Also, I've never gotten the search field to work properly.  Are you just
typing in names, or are you using the auto-search button?

Hal