[izpack-users] UserInputPanel questions + NPE on CVS

Darren Govoni darren at ontrenet.com
Mon Jan 30 16:31:08 CET 2006

Good point! Well, our system is not really an end user system, but
unfortunately our current install is a manual mess with things going
to numerous locations, so for our purposes being able to control that is
best as possible is our only hope.

I thought about using multiple UserInputPanels, but need to read up how
to do that. Am I allowed to specify more than
one input spec such that each userinputpanel has its own input spec?

The search field seemed to work for me once I changed the example field to:

<field type="search" variable="SCRIPTS_HOME">
  <description align="left" txt="desc." id="scripts.home"/>
  <spec txt="Scripts home:" type="directory" result="directory">
  </spec>
</field>

since I only want to select directories. However, it 'id' and 'txt'
fields are mixed up and the current izpack-src trunk is severely
damaged it would seem.

Darren