[izpack-users] Variable substitution in install.xml

Bartz, Klaus Klaus.Bartz at coi.de
Wed Jul 5 09:57:15 CEST 2006

Hi Gereon,
sorry for late answer...
It is not possible to use variables in the "src" attribute of
all allowed sub elements of <pack>.
It cannot work because the "src" attribute will be resolved at
compile (packaging) time where you do not know what language the
installer will be choose at install time. Only for attribute
"targetdir" IzPack variables are allowed.
The installation do not contain your hole source tree else only
the files you have referred as "src" in your installer description
file.
There is no automatic handling of language dependant files, but it
will be possible to handle such things in a custom action or
(may be hidden) custom panel.

Cheers

Klaus