[izpack-users] userInputSpec.xml and the use of Environment variables

Robert Arseneault rarseneault at kana.com
Fri Jul 7 15:31:50 CEST 2006

Hi all,
It seems that any environment variables placed into userInputSpec.xml get "expanded" as part of the installer creation (compile time) as opposed to at the installation (run-time).  So for example, if my installer required the SID of the Oracle database to use, it would be nice to auto populate the text box with the value of the ORACLE_SID environment variable from the system on which the installation is running.  Currently it is using the SID of the system on which I create the installer on :(.  Was this by design?  I am looking to see what it would take to change the behvavior such that the variables were "expanded" during the actual installation process (and submit the modification for inclusion into the product).  Any thoughts?

Thanks,
rob