[izpack-users] Error while installing my dist on Linux

Miraodb miraodb at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 20 09:06:49 CEST 2006

Hi Guyz,

We encountered this problem before and we even documented the solution (at
least i think so...)

Then, it's most probably the fact that in some distribution the console and
environment variables are "erased" when switching between users. So, you can
type 'su -' in order to obtain all commands. With 'su -' $DISPLAY variables
is erased and all X11 connections is refused. So, a best and fast practice
in this way is:

  1.. Log in your system by user
  2.. In shell type:
  $ echo $DISPLAY
  the result seems to be ':0.0'. If the response isn't there you can type:
  $ export $DISPLAY=":0.0"
  3.. Now type $su
  for a "normal" alias by root.
  4.. Run: $ java -jar "package.jar"