[izpack-users] Install Log file

Bartz, Klaus Klaus.Bartz at coi.de
Thu Jul 20 09:21:20 CEST 2006

Hi Fabrice,
may be I understand not right...
I think to add a text area is not the solution because James needs
the logging post mortem of the installation. In the InstallPanel the
current installed file will by shown in a label above the progressbar,
but often it is so fast that nobody can read it. A text area with a
scroll bar will be very big (4681 lines at my server installation).
But I also think that it will be a good idea to duplicate install.log
into the file system because some user have problems to extract something
out of a jar file.
The impl should be peanuts. I vote for a facultative feature controlled
by an IzPack variable.
May be we can split the work. I make the implementation, you the docu :-)
By the way, I write a short description of the summary stuff and send it
next week to you.

Cheers

Klaus