[izpack-users] Install Log file

Miraodb miraodb at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 20 09:38:48 CEST 2006

Hi Klaus,

Context related...

> may be I understand not right...
I wasn't clear enough sorry...

> I think to add a text area is not the solution because James needs
> the logging post mortem of the installation. In the InstallPanel the
> current installed file will by shown in a label above the progressbar,
> but often it is so fast that nobody can read it.

It's true that it oftens goes too fast, but once the installpanel has
finished and before clicking next, we could have a button for saving the
log. That would do the job.

> A text area with a
> scroll bar will be very big (4681 lines at my server installation).
> But I also think that it will be a good idea to duplicate install.log
> into the file system because some user have problems to extract something
> out of a jar file.
> The impl should be peanuts. I vote for a facultative feature controlled
> by an IzPack variable.

This is another nice solution. Just pick up which one ever you think is the
best. If we choose the second one then i vote for adding a checkbox on
finishpanel to open or not the log that has been created automatically by
installpanel.
If you need code i have something for it...

> May be we can split the work. I make the implementation, you the docu :-)
> By the way, I write a short description of the summary stuff and send it
> next week to you.

No problem, I'll do the docu as soon as we decided which one to use and how.

Cheers,
Fabrice