[izpack-users] Install Log file

Bartz, Klaus Klaus.Bartz at coi.de
Thu Jul 20 10:01:56 CEST 2006

Hi Fabrice,
I tend to give the installation creator and not the installation user
the possibility to create install.log outside uninstaller.jar.
At installation time the user often do not know whether he/she need
a log file or not. But if there are problems and the user open a
call to the hotline, may be the hotline needs the informations.
If the adjudication to write a logfile is by the user, the hotline
often will have bad luck.
Additional it is easier to change not the GUI.
Therefore I vote for a IzPanel variable driven logfile creation
in InstallFrame.writeUninstallData().
May be it will be more consistent to declare a new element in the
info section of the installation.dtd, but this way will need much
more work. Therefore

<variable name="InstallerFrame.writeLogfile" value="yes"/>

Impl then a ten minutes job.

Cheers

Klaus