[izpack-users] Problem with wrong java-runtime on the computer izpack should install my software

Oliver Rettig Oliver.Rettig at orat.de
Thu Mar 9 09:40:31 CET 2006

Hallo,

I have configured Java version 1.5 in my install.xml. If I try to install on a
computer with installed Java 1.3 izpack opens a message box that the needed
Java version is not installed. That´s ok but now I want that izpack allows to
update the java virutal machine or to install the correct version as a second
VM. If there is no Java installed it is easy to tell izpack to ask if the
bundled VM should be installed but I do not know what to do if there exists
an old version on the PC.

Can anybody help me with this problem?

best regards
Oliver