[izpack-users] How to pass the information about selected packs to Ant?

Bartz, Klaus Klaus.Bartz at coi.de
Mon May 8 14:50:24 CEST 2006

Hi Stefan,

You know, there is a description of custom actions in the docu. Sometimes
the first custom action needs a little bit more time as the secound etc.
because there are some steps to include it into your installation.

If custom panels are easier for you, you can use one for your needs.
You can create non-visible custom panels.

>Based on my current knowledge I would implement an
>InstallerListener and
>implement the method beforePacks.

Use beforePacks only if you need the action realy before something will
be installed. You cannot use anything of your product at this point.

> Using the
>AutomatedInstallData.selectedPacks member I would define  a variable
>using the setVariable method of the AutomatiedInstallData object.

Yes, that's the way.

>Do you agree with this proceeding? What kind of object is contained in
>the selectedPacks member? Are there plain strings in this list?

No, the List contains Packs. Use

  Iterator iter = idata.selectedPacks.iterator();
  while (iter.hasNext())
  {
    String currentPack = ((Pack) iter.next()).name;
    doWhatYouNeed(currentPack);
  }

  This code snipet is from AntInstallerLister.afterPacks.

>Regards,
>--Stefan

Cheers

Klaus