[izpack-users] NullPointerException during installation?

Dennis Thrysøe dth at conscius.com
Thu Nov 23 14:07:21 CET 2006

Zycor.net Development Solutions wrote:
>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>          at
>> com.izforge.izpack.util.os.Win_Shortcut.getProgramsFolder(Win_Shortcut.java:657)
>>          at
>> com.izforge.izpack.panels.ShortcutPanel.getProgramsFolder(ShortcutPanel.java:685)
>>          at
>> com.izforge.izpack.panels.ShortcutPanel.panelActivate(ShortcutPanel.java:614)

> My installer is wrapped in a launch4j executable, with shortcut specs
> etc, And I don't have any issues. I can't remember having to change
> anything to get it working, and my launch4j specification is also pretty
> standard.

Okay - suppose we will have to work backwards then :)

Does anybody know how the above exception can occur. What do the native
methods use, and under what circumstances do they return null?

How does the native libary loading work, when the library is packed in
the finished install-jar? Written to a temp dir, or...?

-dennis