[izpack-users] excludes="..." does not work

Hans-Georg Michna hans-georg at michna.com
Mon Oct 16 15:45:42 CEST 2006

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 12:03:06 +0200, Bartz, Klaus wrote:

>Hi Hans-Georg,
>may be you do not like the syntax of the fileset.
>
>the docu sad
>"The <fileset> tag allows files to be specified using the powerful Jakarta Ant set syntax."
>That means, look into the docu of Ant sets and you know who to use.
>
>Please clarify to us where are the differences between our fileset and the Jakarta
>(now called Apache) Ant set. If not and you do not like it still please
>send your lines about intelligence to the developer team of Ant.
>I am really interested whether they change the syntax or not...
>If so, IzPack will change at the next release automatically.
>I think in the docu we can do also nothing. We delegate the fileset to
>the Ant DirectoryScanner and the best is to refer also to the docu of it.
>
>Sorry for the negative replay but I see no other alternative

Klaus,

thanks for your reply! My mistake was to see it simply from a
user's point of view, a user who doesn't know Ant and just wants
to make an installer.

I have a very simple proposal. If somebody could just add a few
more examples to the documentation, including one example of how
to exclude an entire folder, that would be a very easy way to
solve this problem. It could save most casual users the effort
to learn the Ant syntax.

By the way, the Ant documentation doesn't make this case any
clearer. My first attempt at reading it seemed to indicate that
this case, excluding just a folder by writing its name, isn't
documented anywhere, and simply doesn't work straightforwardly
in Ant either.

A question to the Ant gurus: Is there one single ant pattern
that matches a folder and at the same time all its contens? And
works in an exclude expression?

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.