[izpack-users] <executable ...> doesn't work (was: shortcutSpec.xml UTF-8 Byte Order Mark breaks IzPack operation)

Hans-Georg Michna hans-georg at michna.com
Thu Oct 19 14:11:47 CEST 2006

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 16:25:49 +0200, Bartz, Klaus wrote:

>Oops, I wasn't ready. I love a mailer which sends the longest
>open message, not that one which holds the focus. It is a
>so called professional program...

Klaus,

no problem.

>OK, some words related to <executable>.
>Why not use state="postinstall" ? Then the install script shoud work.
>Uninstall works with my test installation on my box.

You probably mean stage (not state). I wrote that already---it
doesn't work here. In my current tests nothing works any more,
neither stage="postinstall" nor stage="uninstall" nor the
default (no stage attribute). No program file is ever executed.
I believe this is since version 3.9.0. I can't be sure if I'm
doing something wrong, but I can't find it.

IzPack shows no error or warning. The files are just not
executed.

Can you show me a sample of the relevant <executable ...> line?
Perhaps something changed between versions and the documentation
wasn't updated?

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.