[izpack-users] Generating Applications uninstalls

J-Pro joker.pro at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 20:34:16 CEST 2006

Hi, Klaus.

Thanks for the answer.

First, I should say that english is not my native language so some things
are hard to understand. Can I ask you some questions please?

I've found two "uninstall" occurrences in IzPack doc.

1. Ant Actions (InstallerListener and UninstallerListener)
2. Custom Actions at Uninstallation Time (UninstallerListener)

1. As I've understood - it's only for developers who uses Ant and for
developers who want to customize their application uninstall by changing
IzPack source code, right?

But I use Intellij IDEA 6.0 to compile IzPack sources. I don't use Ant. Can
this part(Ant Actions (InstallerListener and UninstallerListener)) still
help me to add custom acts while uninstalling like remove custom files,
other than installed packs?

2. As I've understood - I should  extend
com.izforge.izpack.event.SimpleUninstallerListener in a newly created class
[IzPackRoot]/src/lib/[MyPackagePath]/MyUninstallerListener.java. Then I
should add some custom actions in the code, right? So this is the only one
way to make custom actions while uninstalling(like remove custom files,
other than installed packs)?

So, as I've understood - there is no way to make custom actions while
uninstalling(like remove custom files, other than installed packs) but the
way of RE-compiling IzPack source, right? I mean I can't just write some
uninstall.xml file and write there some file executions like in install.xml
or ProcessPanel.Spec.xml?

Please unswer these questions, it's very important to me... I really try to
understand it by myself, using the doc, but not all things are so easy for
me.

Thank you very much in advance!