[izpack-users] <executable ...> doesn't work

Hans-Georg Michna hans-georg at michna.com
Fri Oct 27 13:57:33 CEST 2006

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 17:05:56 +0200, Bartz, Klaus wrote:

>If I look into the installation description file from a mail
>earlier and remove the outcomments, then the logfile shows
>exactly what declares (if we accept that the default of
>stage is never).

Klaus,

thanks, that was it. The 3.9.0 documentation says, "stage :
specifies when to launch : postinstall is just after the
installation is done and the default value, never will never
launch it ..."

Currently that is not true. postinstall is not the default
value. I've inserted stage="postinstall" again, and now it
works. Thank you very much for bearing with me!

>What was happen some mails backward where you described that
>stage postinstall do not work?

That is something I can't understand. I'm absolutely sure I have
tested stage="postinstall" and found that the file was still not
executed. There must have been another error in my test. I can't
reconstruct it, have no clue what happened.

Anyway, the change in the program is actually sensible. If the
stage attribute is omitted, it makes sense that the file is not
executed. Someone only has to make this small change in the
documentation.

Thanks again for your patience. This was a small bug, but it
stopped my work.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.