[izpack-users] How to modify userinputpanel according to anexecutable response

Bartz, Klaus Klaus.Bartz at coi.de
Mon Oct 30 10:14:55 CET 2006

Hi Macke,
unfortunately I cannot give you the DB login stuff. It is more
complicated, interwoven with other custom panels and custom actions.
I think I need a week of work or more to make it generic (if
even possible).
In the wiki there is an article from Fabrice which describes an
other way of incorporating DB.

If you write a custom panel, you can validate what you would
in the method isValidated.
Look into %IZ_HOME%\\src\lib\com\izforge\izpack\panels
You can use all panels from there as example. May be starting
with the HelloPanel (there is a description in it how to use
the IzPack specific layout manager). In JDKPathPanel you can see
how to inherit in IzPack, how to get and set variables and how
to make a panel back drop safty.
If you like complicated things, look into UserInputPanel.
Related to the UserInputPanel I can say not more because I use
it not (I write custom panels).

Cheers

Klaus