[izpack-users] IzPack 3.8.1 - parsing an xml file

Carmel Morrissey CMorrissey at espatial.com
Mon Sep 18 16:59:12 CEST 2006

To whom it may concern

I am currently working with IzPack version 3.8.1.

Is there a utility that allows me to edit an xml file as follows?

1.       Identify a particular tag element and append another tag after the
close of the original tag

2.       I want to add an attribute to an existing tag element

I understand that I can use the 'parsable' element (parent element is
'pack') within the install.xml file.  However it appears that this will only
work if I use it VariableSubstitutor.  I am not able to insert variables
into the file for substitution since I do not deploy/own the file.

For example:

1.       Identify a particular tag element and append another tag after the
close of the original tag

After tag orion-application, I want to place a library tag element:

BEFORE

<orion-application autocreate-tables="true"
default-data-source="jdbc/OracleDS">

AFTER

<orion-application autocreate-tables="true"
default-data-source="jdbc/OracleDS">

<library path="../lib" />

2.       Add an attribute to an existing tag element

Insert attribute taskmanager-granularity into tag application-server

BEFORE

<application-server application-directory="../applications"
deployment-directory="../application-deployments"
connector-directory="../connectors">

AFTER

<application-server taskmanager-granularity="60000"
application-directory="../applications"
deployment-directory="../application-deployments"
connector-directory="../connectors">

Any ideas on how to do this would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards

Carmel