[izpack-users] IzPack condition tag

Dennis Reil Dennis.Reil at reddot.de
Fri Sep 22 13:16:39 CEST 2006

I think this could be done by either a custom action (implemented as an
installer listener) or by using the UserInputPanel and the
createForPack-tag resp. createForUnselectedPack.

I also needed this condition-feature, so I am developing an extension
which let's you specify conditions in a separate xml-file like this:

<conditions>
<variable name="dbtype" value="rdb">
	<removepack packid="pack.db.fastobjects"/>
</variable>
</conditions>

This means a variable condition. If the variable dbtype has the value
rdb then remove the pack with the id pack.db.fastobjects.
The variable can be set either by user input or by a custom action. With
this condition, it is possible to show a modified packs list, so that a
user can't select Tomcat because it's already there.

Another condition would be a mutual exclusive condition, indicating that
a certain pack can't be chosen because another pack in conflict is
selected.

I hope this will find its way in izPack 4.0 ;-)

--
Regards

        Dennis