[izpack-users] Problem with <executable> in Linux

Erwin Müller funnyacc at gmx.net
Tue Sep 26 18:53:23 CEST 2006

Hallo
first of all izpack is a wonderfull installer with is very easy to
configure and use. I'm use it for my program that I programming and it
works good in windows xp.
But now I tried to run it on linux and I got one problem with a file that
I need to be execute after the files are copied. It's a jar file.

After the files are copied I get this error from izpack: "Error executing
/bin/chmod a+x myjar.jar". In windows the jar is simply executed as I
wish. I dont't start the installer with root-rights but as a owner of
myjar.jar. If I type in the shell "/bin/chmod a+x myjar.jar" it marks
myjar.jar as executable.

What do I miss on a linux-system ?

In the install.xml I have:

<executable targetfile="myjar.jar" class="my.Jar" type="jar"
stage="postinstall" failure="abort" keep="true"/>

PS: sorry for my bad english, english is not my first language.