[izpack-users] Ensure that install dir is clean from previous install

François Guillet francois.guillet at wanadoo.fr
Wed Aug 22 12:57:21 CEST 2007

Hi,

We use IzPack to provide an installer for each sofware release. After
installation, user may install plugins available for the software.
When another version of the software is released, users are likely to
use the previous install dir as target. This is not a problem except
for plugins which may be incompatible with new versions and break
software. How can we ensure that the installation directory is clean
and that any file not belonging to the installed file set is deleted?
I thought setting fileset attribute override="true" would do the
trick but apparently it's not the case (that would have been a simple
option, though).

I suppose that this is a common situation. Does anyone have the
answer to this problem?

Thanks.

François