[izpack-users] Uninstall and shortcuts

Carmel Morrissey CMorrissey at espatial.com
Wed Feb 14 18:35:54 CET 2007

Thanks ... plenty to think about!

-----Original Message-----
From: Bartz, Klaus [mailto:Klaus.Bartz at coi.de]
Sent: 14 February 2007 15:56
To: izpack-users at lists.berlios.de
Subject: Re: [izpack-users] Uninstall and shortcuts

Hi Carmel,
IzPack does not support maintenance. Therefore you cannot
add or remove one or more packs later. For that you have
to uninstall and install again.
IzPack creates at installation time the file
uninstaller.jar. There are the classes which are needed to
uninstall and the information what have to be uninstalled.
The class Uninstaller handles it.
The uninstallation of short cuts is much more simplified as
to create some (at least on Windows). On Windows
remove simple the short cuts (*.lnk) and the directories.
See ShortcutPanel.addToUninstaller() and the last entries in
uninstaller.jar\install.log.
But there are not only file related actions at uninstall time.
For this you can define custom actions (UninstallerListener).
Do not forget e.g. the registry stuff at uninstall time.

For Unix I do not know.

Cheers

Klaus