[izpack-users] conditional panel

Dennis Reil Dennis.Reil at reddot.de
Fri Jan 19 08:04:32 CET 2007

> I read with interest your message in response to S.B. Deshpande
> concerning conditional panel. First of all, where do i get the lastest
> trunk version

svn co http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/izpack/izpack-src/trunk

You can also use the RC1 of 3.10.

> Second, according to your example , can i set up variable
> CHOSEN_DATABASE from an userinputpanel ?

In the example, I sent to Deshpande, it was not shown, where the
variable CHOSEN_DATABASE was actually set. There are several ways to do
so, e.g.
- Create another userinputpanel with radio button-fields for choosing
the database. Let the result be written into CHOSEN_DATABASE

- Create a packselection condition, which will be fulfilled, if a
certain pack is selected. Then create the variable in a userinputpanel
based on that condition with the <variable name="CHOSEN_DATABASE"
value="mysql" conditionid="mysqlpackselected" />.

- maybe, there are some other possibilities to set the variable.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,
   Dennis