[izpack-users] Removing files before installing

Jose M. Rus josemrus at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 16:44:36 CET 2007

Thank you Klaus,

I've been exploring the listener path you mentioned but it doesn't really
fit my needs. I've solved it by using the ProcessPanel and launching some
batch files to process the update just after the installation.

What I wanted was something to:
* Delete some files and directories before the installation (the files to
upgrade).
* Keep some files and directories (for example configuration files).

What I consider something near to the ideal solution would be to add a new
parameter to <fileset> inside pack elements to force deletion of some dirs
(¿"remove"?). This could empty dirs completely, complementing the "override"
attribute (which doesn't delete files created after the installation by the
application itself or files present in the previous version that should be
deleted during the upgrade). But this seemed too much complicated so I took
the easy path of launching batch files, thanks anyway.

Greetings.